Friday, April 2, 2010

Climbing Mountains

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters, compared to
what lies within us. Ralph Waldo Emerson Mountains are majestic and beautiful they invite you up with their mysterious trails. The island is surrounded by mountains ...a hikers paradise. I have been a walker for years so I felt up to a great hike. Hiking a mountain is a journey in itself. Your eager for the change of scenery ...you feel ready to endure the test of your own strength. But like life you never know how hard the trail will be or where it will take you or if you'll make it to the top.
Hiking showed me I was not in the shape I thought I was even after years of daily walks. My endurance wasn't where I thought it was.

My dog Pilot took to the trails with ease and grace...totally in tune with her own instincts. Watching her I felt happy and peaceful. Pets make us feel better because they are pure positive energy. They don't hold us responsible for their own happiness. They never question why we are choosing this trail and not the one they think is best or would make them happy. They just wag their tails appreciating the love we have for them.






We put in a good hour of hiking and decided to visit Maple Bay beach. There will be so many days ahead to discover all the different trails. Just like life itself everyday is a moment of discovery.




A walk on Maple Bay beach was the perfect way to contemplate the next trail in our life to take...


Wishing all of you a blessed Easter...Thanks for visiting
Pamela xo




2 comments:

  1. Pamela, you live in the most amazing place! Thank you for sharing these wonderful pics and I think I may be looking for some nicer hiking tracks here ( hmmm lots of sheep paddocks but not many mountains!!). Wishing you a wonderful and happy Easter weekend ~ Tina x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a blessed Easter weekend! YOu are in the most beautiful, peaceful place to enjoy the holidays! ps: I love Pilot.

    ReplyDelete